Saturday 5 September 2015

I attempted Sijo!

I shared this as well at the 1st Bloggers Conference, 30th August 2015.



When I meet people with similar passion (for writing) on facebook, I sometimes enjoy a fun ride with them writing my poetic thoughts. One such fun ride recently was the Korean Sijo form... a more or less prosy 3-lines-stanza...the first two stanzas 3-4-4; the third stanza 5-3-3 with a surprise element.

The moon shines bright as the sun, not competing, each in its time.
But we say night has fallen, the day rises; and in both we.
Darkness first, then a faint light greets at the end of it; dark is light.
_______________________________________________________

Within lies the big secret - in nothingness whole you and me.
Selflessly our doors open and love enters into the empty.
But this glass is too full for more and water’s flowing free to nowhere.
________________________________________________________

The green fields running for miles as far as these eyes can travel;
in my mind, fresh milk on boil for evening tea – Ah! The flavour!
How many? I ask of life’s miles that the universe holds secret
_____________________________________________________

The day’s robbed of its light soon as the night falls sooner each day.
Yet the heat persists too long and my windows remain open.
How is it that you love me still when my love runs cold in Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment