Thursday 3 September 2015

I love Haiku!



 I shared this at the 1st Bloggers Conference, 30 August 2015.


I take great pleasure in trying different forms of poetry. One such form is the Japanese Haiku. I simply love this form... a 3-lines-stanza of 5-7-5 syllables, the last line with a surprise element...

sweet gentle Autumn
you are here, yet not really
dilemma of love
____________________________

bright day cloudy sky -
you surprise me with your swing
to July and back
_____________________________

a summer night walk –
darkness in dazzles for miles
her shadow with her
____________________________

night falling gently
a man’s prayer filling the air
she closes her eyes
_________________________

fire in her heart
last drop of water on lip
a love song escapes
_________________________

sweet chirping of birds
through my window, i watch
the day retire

No comments:

Post a Comment