Sunday 17 January 2016

This Every Day



I found this in a file in my 2014 working folder on my laptop.
____________________________

I watch
birds fly;
me
chained to thoughts,
emotions;
my eyes
open;
my mind
closed;
my heartbeat
fluctuating.

I see
hundred pairs of eyes -
above some,
a frown;
below some,
a smile;
whiteboard scribbles,
power point slides -
what do they see?
what do they hear?
I wonder.

I walk
a concrete path
through
long corridors,
up
flights of stairs;
on my chair
as I sit,
my computer
stares at me -
is my breathlessness obvious?

I walk
a tarred road
uphill;
it’s one pm -
time for lunch;
in queue,
I stand;
steel plate
in hand,
fingers
strumming restlessly.

I see again
a hundred pairs of eyes -
sleepy,
pleading,
“No lecture!”
whiteboard
clean,
buzz sounds
of group discussion,
all minds
deeply engaged.

I board
a bus,
headed home;
mind
heavy;
a cage -
wherein
I rest
in silence,
around me
chatter.

And I’m home…

No comments:

Post a Comment