Saturday 6 April 2019

you are in the best part of me

I have had you with me since 2004.
That was the year you were conceived
in my head. A year later, you were born...
my first chapter. One chapter at a time,
you grew and then stopped growing.
Life changes happened. Drastic changes.
They have kept me preoccupied ... in ways
incomparable to the way you kept me preoccupied,
but I had to make hard choices. My love for you
remains in the depth of my heart, but to keep life alive
these preoccupations are necessary. My heart must go on
beating for the hearts around me, in need of me; and also
for you to reside in safely, for you to grow to your full potential,
till your last chapter is complete. I wait to clothe you in finery,
your copies to reach many hands. I wait for you to be the reason
they smile, the reason their souls are stirred. Do not think
you're forgotten, my dear, you're in the best part of me,
where empathy flourishes. With each beat of my heart,
each drop of compassion oozing out, you are nurtured,
you are secure. Stay calm and you shall be in my arms some day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment